The Band Perry and Lynyrd Skynyrd are scheduled to headline the Georgia National Fair this October!
Great news for everyone who loves the fair and has been waiting with baited breath for news of the live concerts! The Georgia National Fair announced Friday the concerts that will take place at Reaves Arena and the new Georgia National Stage at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry this October. The Band Perry and Lynyrd Skynyrd are scheduled to headline the Georgia National Fair this October!
Both The Band Perry and Lynyrd Skynyrd will be performing at Reaves Arena. The Band Perry will take the stage on Saturday, October 8, and Lynyrd Skynyrd will play the next Saturday, October 15. on Tickets will be $40, which includes admission to the fairgrounds, and will go on sale on August 27 at 9 a.m. Tickets will only be sold online.
Several free concerts will also take place on the new outdoor Georgia National Stage, which is located near the south gate of the fairgrounds >>>
- On Thursday, October 6th, The Grapevine, self-proclaimed as “Georgia’s Premier Party Band,” will take the stage with funk-group the Ohio Players.
- On Monday, October 10, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band will play. The group, which has been playing for 50 years, is best known for their top-10 hits, “Fishin’ in the Dark” and “Mr. Bojangles.”
- The next night, Grammy Award-winning group Blues Traveler will headline the night. The group is best known for their hits “Run Around” and “Hook.” Porch 40, a North Carolina group which plays progressive southern funk rock, will also play Tuesday night.
- On Wednesday night, 4-time Grammy, 9-time American Music, and 3-time Billboard award winning R&B group Boyz II Men will perform. The group has been performing together for 20 years and has sold more than 60 million albums. Top hits from the group include: “End of the Road,” “I’ll Make Love to You,” “One Sweet Day,” and “Motownphilly.”
- And finally, on Thursday, October 12, country group Old Dominion will take their turn on the stage. Old Dominion won the Academy of Country Music Award for New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year at the award ceremony in April. Hits from the group include “Break Up With Him” and “Snapback”.
Although The Band Perry and Lynyrd Skynyrd cost $40 and will take place at Reaves Arena, all concerts at the Georgia National Stage are free with paid admission to the fair.
The Georgia National Fair runs from Thursday, October 6, 2016 until Sunday, October 16, 2016. Admission to the fair is $10 per person and kids 10 and under are free.
More information can be found by going to the Georgia National Fair’s website, which can be found by clicking here.